I’m a salt person, not a sweet person but when I do want sugar these Sinful Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies have no chance in my house. I found this recipe online a while ago and have not looked back, these cookies are fabulous! The texture is perfect – just cakey enough to add body and richness but still 100% gooey moist cookie, not cake or brownie. If you’re a soft cookie fan, this is the perfect cookie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
PREP – 15 min, COOK – 12min, READY IN – 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally until smooth. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light. Mix in the chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in the sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Give them a try and I’d love to know what you think.
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!