STUDENT ATHLETES FRESHMAN YEAR TIPS:
So you want to play college ball. Here are a few tips to keep in mind during your Freshman year of high school.
- Coaches are always watching! – Trust me when I say this. Coaches are paying attention to everything you’re doing in the classroom and in your receptive sport.
- Be proactive, it’s never too early for YOU to write a letter or make calls to coaches. Get your name out there.
- DI and DII coaches can’t personally contact you until Junior Year, but YOU CAN CONTACT THEM so get to typing and introduce yourself.
- DIII and NAIA coaches can contact you at anytime.
- It is important to start becoming familiar with the schools you are looking at both athletically and academically.