Why you need to Register:
- You need to be cleared by the NCAA if you are going to play NCAA DI or DII athletics
- You will not be able to go on ANY official visits unless you have registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center
- You can’t receive an official scholarship offers until you have registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center
- ALL NCAA coaches use the Eligibility Center to verify your academics, there is no way around it, you need to register.
At the start of your junior year is when you should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. If you’re a senior and have yet to do so, as soon as you finish reading this blog get your official documents prepared and go register now.
*NOTE: The NCAA Eligibility Center use to be called The Clearinghouse. These are the same organizations.
Before you start your registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center, there is a list of items that you should have ready.
- Valid email address.
- Basic education history – You will need to list of all your high schools or secondary schools you have attended and the dates you attended them.
- Any additional coursework – This is anything extra outside of your normal high school education. For ex. Summer school courses are taken at a different place than your high school, a course to improve your grade, online courses, or college or junior college or correspondence.
- Sports participation history – You will need details about the teams you played on, events you have participated in, and any kind of recruiting services you have been a part of.
- Registration fee – $75 for students from the United States and its territories, and Canada. $130 for students from all other countries. *You must pay online by debit, credit card or e-check. Some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
You can check out The Official Site of the NCAA for more details.
Don’t pay for expensive recruitment services, at least until u spend a few dollars educating yourself about the process. Download The Ultimate Division l, ll, & lll Coaches Directory and get started today!
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!